Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Aeroplane Chess

One fine day, mummy in good spirits said, “ Rae, let’s play aeroplane chess together.” Of course, I replied “OK” especially since I clearly heard and understood the word ‘Play’. To me, ‘Play’ is right at the top as my preferred action, ranking above ‘Eat’, ‘Run’ and ‘Swim’. Ranking right at the bottom is 'Sleep', 'Sit Down', 'Keep Quiet' and 'Don't Run'.

We sat together on the floor, I waited for mum to place the picture/paper that is full of coloured circles. Then, I helped mummy to place the chess. I understand colours but I don’t understand why I can’t just play with the paper and stacked the chess on top of each other.

When mummy showed me the dice, in order to be allowed to hold the dice which is something new to me. I sat down and waited for mummy to once again place the chess in order. Mummy threw the dice and placed one of the chess according to the number of dots on the showed face of the dice. Boy! I do like the fact that part of the game include me throwing the dice. And, I kept throwing the dice until I get the same number of dots as mummy. That’s the idea, right?

And, why is it that after I moved the chess according to certain number, I can’t hold that chess in my hand and run around. And, when I finally agreed to put the chess down, I cannot put it in any circle that I want. The best part about the game is when mummy said, “Ok, let’s keep the chess’, I helped to keep and then get to hold the box and then run around.

So, do I like to play aeroplane chess? Of course I do. I just wonder why mummy said ‘ Er…” and then gave me a blank look when I told her I want to play the chess.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susen said...

haha.. that's exactly the same reason why i dun wanna play snake and ladder with my kids.. they juz keep moving the chess pieces here and there... *give up* or should i say *surrender*

6/15/09, 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home