Monday, April 27, 2009

Our Typical Sunday

Sunday is never quite the same if jayden gor gor and ah yee did not come visiting our place. It is the day of the week, ah ma gets to see her grandson, mummy gets to see his favourite cheeky boy and ah yee gets to see her number 2 and number 3 bao bei, which are me and mei mei, no guess for who is her number 1 baobei. And, I get to play with gor gor, be angry with him and fight with him.

On Sunday, we usually will go out for breakfast. If ye ye is around, we will bring mei mei along otherwise it will just be me, mummy and nai nai and in rare occasions with daddy. Lately, the weather is so hot that we seek refuge in the air-conditioned Jurong Point or MacDonald for breakfast. I don’t really have strong opinion or preferences over where to have breakfast since for me, just being out is fun.

After breakfast, we will be home and sort of wait for jayden gor gor and ah yee to visit then it will be noises and noises everywhere in the house until we nap. Nowadays, gor gor will always bring with him some small toys from his house which will fast become the targets of our quarrels. Then it is repeated reminders from our mummies to us to ask nicely from each other for the toys we have in our hands, to share, to play together….. Now, we know why women will usually become nagging, blame the kids rather than the men.

While we napped, ah yee and mummy will watch the shows recorded for her in the midst of drinking soup, eating, gossipping and drinking coffee. I think they rather be ‘mj-ing’ but not possible. Weekends are the days that mummy can squeeze some quality time to bond with mei mei on a one on one basis. By squeezing, it means I’m sleeping or I’m watching TV.

I sort of idolize gor gor when comes to playing together, I will follow his every cheeky move such as moving our little chairs to the gate, just sitting there and making noises. Yesterday, while sitting there, we pretend that it is a bus, then a police car and finally an ambulance. Neighbours who passed by our gate will find us quite funny. However, it is not funny for mummy if an Indian passed by our gate and gor gor will shout ‘Or-loo-loo’ and I will shout ‘ah-bu-nei-nei’.

I will follow gor gor around the house, running, jumping and just being cheeky. We will run from the gate to the room and stand in front of ah ma and then salute to her in unison. Think that’s funny, even funnier is ah ma while carrying mei mei, she will also salute back and smile without her dentures so she’s ‘bo-geh’.

Usually before dinner, jayden gor gor and ah yee will go home. And, if we are not out for dinner then Sunday night will be like my typical weekday night except that mummy is around to be my playmate. Nowadays, I pretend play quite a bit. I will carry my soft toy bear or dog and tell mummy that it is my baby and my baby is sleeping. I will rock my baby, pat my baby to sleep. Or, my baby will fall down and there’s blood so I have to bring my baby to see a doctor. Or, I will bring my baby to the beach and we will play ball together. What’s funny is acting out all these in a mere ten minutes time. So, it’s really quite whacky.

2 Comments:

Blogger Oddy said...

Now I know where to go to on Sundays if I am bored!

4/27/09, 10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yr sunday is very colorful!- mint

6/11/09, 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home