Music
It's been 4 months since I resumed my music lesson with the new school. To me, there really isn't much difference from my previous school since I won't know, right.
The visible difference is mummy's experience. In the previous school, she's merely a companion for me, she can go there with a blank mind and just go through the motion with me. For this new school, she can't be laid back. She needs to play an active role during the lesson to guide me, to help me concentrate and to encourage me. And, there's homework and daily practices to keep up with. It's really very tempting for mummy to skip the daily practices since she can feel a bit tired after a day of work. But, she tries not to, as she takes a rather serious perspective in my music journey.
She's not aiming that I will be a prodigy in music. She's hoping that I have music as a life time hobby or an outlet. A healthy outlet for me as I grew. A healthy alternative that I will choose over the needs to seek approval from friends. An inner escape that I can turn to in difficult times. The ability to express my inner feelings when I don't feel like talking. The strength to be alone but not feeling lonely.
So, she tries not to carve in to her laziness. For me, it's still fun especially when I get to see the videos.

1 Comments:
sounds like a lot of work! ~Mint
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home